Friday, February 7, 2020

Scared of eating sugar after 30 days free

F23 5’7 | HW: 176.8 lbs | CW: 169.4 lbs | GW: 135 lbs

I just completed 30 days no sugar as a way to kick start weight loss (down 7.4 lbs in 5ish weeks!). As of today, I can start to incorporate sweets back into my life — but I’m scared to start eating them again. My entire life I have had a big tooth, I could just never turn down a treat. I am immensely proud of myself for completing 30 days without a single dessert, and I’ve learned a lot about myself and discipline in the process. I never in a million years thought I would come out of this scared to start eating sweets again...it’s a huge wtf. Then again, coming from a background of nearly nonexistent self control when it comes to sugar, how did I even expect to feel after it? Clearly didn’t think that far.

As the saying goes, “fail to plan, plan to fail” so I created a simple plan of only eating sweets 1-2x per week and in small amounts (portion control has also been a struggle for me historically but I’ve also greatly improved in this area as well). Also planning to keep sweets to Saturday/Sunday and special occasions.

Today, as my first day free to have a sweet, I thought I would enjoy a two of the famous Samoa’s, Girl Scout cookies. I bought the box a week ago and haven’t touched them. I opened the cookie jar this morning, stared at it, then walked away. I know I like them and would enjoy it, but I didn’t particularly want it...so I thought to skip it. I don’t know where this is going. Any advice on working through anxiety around a particular food? I’ve never in my life experienced this before. I feel like it could turn unhealthy quickly if I’m not careful (could result in a massive sugar binge, or turn into unhealthy restriction).

submitted by /u/beeinaz
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2S8iVLt

No comments:

Post a Comment