Sunday, February 9, 2020

Smallest but biggest of victories

A couple of months back I posted about wanting to lose weight but not knowing where to start. I got some fantastic advice and I spent a few weeks planning.

In the first week of January I joined started intermittent fasting (16:8) and signed up for tge Linda Kriel app that gives me 10 minute exercises a day and a banting and low GI meal plan. I decided to do the Low GI and have since spend hours on here reading advice and looking at some of the amazing progress here.

I went from 136.6kg to 129.9 kg in these 6 weeks. You cant really see it, so no pics yet but I can feel it. I have a dress that went from not fitting at all to almost fitting in another kg or two. Im below 130kg for the first time in 3 years. I feel like Ive won the first leg of my own Tour de Fat race. And somehow this is my easiest try, perhaps because Im more committed yet less harder on myself.

This community is so great, and I find so much strength here. Ive not told anyone about my weight loss yet, it always feel like people are just waiting for me to give up and go back to my old ways. I've dropped sugar from coffee, Ice stopped eating junk and Im finding that fasting makes me feel in control and accountable. I want to thank everyone here, for the kindness and compassion you show each other because it is such a big part of what makes this sub work. Whether you lose one or 100 pounds, everyone is made to feel like they are winning their race. Im hoping to post my first pic at my 20kg mark!

submitted by /u/Status_Button
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Hauc7u

No comments:

Post a Comment