Monday, February 10, 2020

Started training with a Personal Trainer and have a nutrition question

I recently started learning to work out and strength training with a personal trainer. I like them and think they do a good job with the work outs and explaining the training itself.

However, they told me that since I'm so obese that my maintenance for calories is between 2000-2700 calories a day. This seems so high for me! They explained this takes into consideration gym 3 times a week with 30 min strength training and 30 minutes of cardio with an estimate of 1.5lbs of loss a week. This was told to me so that I could not lose any lean muscle mass and to prevent any loose skin.

I just don't know what to think... I've always subscribed to my TDEE being around 1700 (5'2" and 230lbs) and that for weight loss a caloric deficit of 500 calories but they shut that thinking down hard. Said I'm starving myself and that I'l have loose skin everywhere if I do it that way.

I guess I'm trying to see if anyone went through this and has any help or advice.

submitted by /u/BriennexTormund
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3btDvgM

No comments:

Post a Comment