Monday, February 10, 2020

Statement of Intent/Accountability

Simply for the purposes of accountability, I want to publicly state that I'm aiming to lose 30 lbs by 01 August 2020. Currently, I'm at 180 lbs - at 43 and 5’9”, that has me at about 10 lbs over a healthy weight.

Challenges? My thyroid. I was discharged from the care of my oncology team at Christmas after a year of treatment for thyroid cancer. My medication is still in flux, which has me suffering from fatigue. I'm also aware that if my thyroid hormones aren't as they should be, it'll make weight loss an uphill challenge.

What's my 'why'? Well, I need to stop thinking like a cancer patient, and start living like a survivor. (Not to mention the family wedding in August!) How'm I going to do it? CICO, light exercise, and taking the long view and not beating myself up.

Goal one: lose those 10 lbs to get down to a healthy weight. We'll go on to goals to and three from there.

Alright, interwebs: consider yourself notified. 🤘

submitted by /u/ElleEh
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3btmX8E

No comments:

Post a Comment