Tuesday, February 4, 2020

This wake-up call...

Howdy.

Long time lurker, I never actually showed the emotional strength to endure the process of stopping food binges and losing weight... Now I need doing it for real. Like an alcoholic who needs to stop drinking.

I went from 90 to 100kg in only one year (2018 especially was full of disappointment), and since got stuck here with some bumps on the road (102, 105, 98...).

I was found to have insulin deficiency in July 2019, and took Glucophage to help. Still taking it. I also take complements of Omega 3 and Chrome Picolinate.

Now I'm finding out that I have a Non Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD) and I'm freaking out.

So here I am, 185cm, 100kg (that's 6"1' and 220lbs roughly), ill from my eating habits at only 27 years old. As I live in Turkey, most of the food served in pop restaurants and work's canteen is not suitable for the new habits I have to take. Also my job as a flavourist, basically consists of tasting flavours in multiple supports as sweet water, cookies, chewing-gums, candies and the like, on regular basis... So it's fucking me up, too, to some extent.

Lastly, it seems this condition calls for a low-rate weight loss, for if I lose more than 1kg/week, my liver will get irritated of sorts. So it's a good rate to aim for maybe. Or even 500g/week.

I'm searching now some ways to adapt my eating habits. Basically I should cook, use raw veggies, avoid the popular pastries they have here for very cheap, avoid alcohol, avoid eating late, and increase my sports practice. It's something I can do. I already stopped eating carbs and big meat portions at canteen, and I already stopped buying chocolate bars and pastries when I'm out, which is a big deal, although the past habit already has consequences. The biggest practical challenge is to manage the quantities I buy and those I cook, in order to never have to throw some rotten leftovers I've forgotten or wasn't able to eat due to big quantity... It's already hard. My nights-out planning isn't consistent weekly, therefore it's unreliable to plan meals.

But do you know what's even more difficult, eating always has been my way-to-go cope for fighting negative emotions. Nothing will be there anymore.

How do you deal emotionally, with the deprivation of this sweet, sweet ecstasy. How do you introduce these good practices at the accurate times in your planning. Lastly, I don't know how to give feedback and follow-up on this loseit venture, do you suggest opening new threads every now and then, or maybe participating in these Wednesdays' superthreads? How to keep up the pace and ask for help when I feel weak-spirited? Any advice is welcome... Thanks a bunch.

submitted by /u/qantuum
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/39a8TyP

No comments:

Post a Comment