Thursday, February 13, 2020

Tips for the mental side of weight loss

Hi everyone...never thought I'd be one to post in this thread but here I am. I'm an 18 yr old girl, 5'3, weigh around 125 pounds. Although I'm in a healthy weight range, I have an extremely petite frame and I hate where my body is right now. I used to hover around 110-115 as a competitive tennis player. I played tennis constantly, too busy to think about food plus too busy being in love with the sport. Once I burnt out and quit, the weight came on fast and it seems like my metabolism severely slowed down. I've been trying to lose 10-15 pounds since two years ago and I seem to never be able to do it. It always gets too restrictive and I end up overeating. At the height of my most motivated to lose weight last year, I was calorie counting and obsessed with food, constantly thinking about my next meal. I'm extremely disciplined in every other aspect of my life. I work out every day, study hard in school. My perfectionist tendencies help my success in every other aspect of my life...but I feel like I will never succeed at losing weight. I continue to sabotage myself. It's almost like I have this perception that " people like me" don't reach their weight loss goals and get to feel good in their bodies. that's reserved for Instagram models and YouTubers. I feel like food has now become the one happiness in my life. I'm vegan and I love love healthy food...I could binge on roasted vegetables just as much as ice cream. But it's usually the latter. I also want to point out that at my lowest weight playing tennis for hours, I didn't care about what I ate. I never put on weight.

I know that once I lose this weight, I will feel a deep inner peace in my body. That I did my body and mind justice and that I can free up all of this mental space to other things. If any of you have tips or motivational stories, I would love to hear it. I just need some hope.

submitted by /u/harsithkalai
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2SI1joF

No comments:

Post a Comment