Saturday, February 15, 2020

Weight loss and physical attraction. I am resentful about the new attention I have been receiving.

Hear me out.

I mean attention from men that I previously dated, not anybody new. I know I am being unreasonable and probably a little hypocritical. I understand that physical attraction is very important when it comes to relationships but it is somewhat hurtful that I am now more valued because I look better.

I have had a handful of men who I dated when I was obese (BMI around 31-32) show interest in me again now I am leaner (BMI is 22). I am a little angry about it, all of them left me and none of them attempted to stayed in contact afterwards. I took a break from SM while losing weight and I only started using it again a couple of weeks ago. I uploaded a picture of my results/progress and it started.

The difference in even how they talk to me is crazy. There was one guy in-particular that I really liked so I agreed to go out with him again. He made way more effort and constantly went out of his way to impress me. He treated me how I longed for him to treat me when we first met. I couldn't get pass this so I then cut it off after one date.

Even how my male coworkers treat me is different.

Am I being ridiculous? During my weight loss this is the type of stuff I dreamed about but once it has happened, I feel a little sad about it all.

Has anybody experienced something similar?

submitted by /u/ShayJ-
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2SPtJgn

No comments:

Post a Comment