Monday, February 10, 2020

Wide frame and muscle gain problems, any suggestions?

So, I am trying to find an app that will help me get back into the fitnness/health/fat loss/muscle gain problem.

But every app I plug my numbers into can't help with what I specifically need. First off, I am a female, but I have a very wide frame. I have broad shoulders, wide ribs, wide hips (but they match the rest of my wide frame, I don't have Beyonce hips). Even my joints (wrists/ankles) are wide. When I put the measurements that are supposed to evaluate your fat percentage I get one of two things; 1, it think I must incredibly overweight and that these measurements are due to obscene amounts of fat, and tell me I am obese or 2, they tell me my measurements are too large for a female. Sometimes I resort to saying I am Male just to get through the forms, but I know that can't give me an accurate read of my fitness or my caloric needs either.

For example: I'll put in that my wrist circumference is 7.5 I have absolutely no weight on my wrist, you can see bone. I AM overweight but I carry it almost entirely in my lower stomach and thighs. My wrists physically cannot get smaller, but one particular fitness app I tried said my wrist measurement, as a female, could not be over 6.5 inches. How am I supposed to accurate body fat percentage calculation when nothing will believe I can have such a big frame without either being a Male or being obese?

Second question: All the apps I've been finding are weightloss driven. I honestly am more geared toward FAT loss, not weight loss, and would love to stay the same weight but with lean muscle. Are there any apps that I can use to track my progress that don't only look at the number on the scale? Am I looking at this wrong? Should i try to get down to my ideal body fat percentage, THEN build muscle back up?

For reference, I am 5'10, and weigh 198 lbs. Every calculator tells me I am at LEAST 45lbs over weight and 35-40% body fat which I dont feel is accurate at all

submitted by /u/IDontLikeDisco
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/38gCRBs

No comments:

Post a Comment