Saturday, February 8, 2020

Ya’ll, I finally don’t hate photos of myself. When was the last time you saw a change in your body that helped you keep pushing forward?

Hey all, longtime lurker here. You all have inspired me so much. I have been on a kind of downward spiral. My diet has been bad. I’ve been slacking at the gym. It’s been a week of struggle.

I just wanted to share that I had a moment today that is getting me back on track. I’ve been really working hard at weight loss for the past 6 months. I’m training for a half marathon, and I’ve lost 30 pounds in the process. For the past year or so, I’ve avoided looking at candid photos of myself. I always think I look fat and puffy. It made me sad, so I stopped allowing others to photograph me. I can’t stress how horrible it made me feel to see a photo of myself.

Today, my friend took a photo of me listening to an instructor at the gym. I had my hands over my head trying to recreate what she was doing. She sent it to me, and when I saw it, I wanted to cry. It was the first time I didn’t hate my body. I saw my curves of my waist and how much thinner my face looked.

Ya’ll, for the first time, I didn’t hate my body. I thought it was gorgeous. I still have weight to lose. I still have a long way to go, but for the first time, a candid photo of my body did not make me cringe.

All, please share your stories of being encouraged by your body. Whether it be a change you could see or a physical thing you could accomplish. I really need more inspiration.

submitted by /u/siwwywabbitsnap
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2UBQ9ob

No comments:

Post a Comment