Saturday, April 11, 2020

Any patient lil angels willing to answer a few questions for an anxious weight loss newbie?

I'm a 25 year old woman that's 5'2 + 216/217 lbs. I'm a perfectionist with body dysmorphia and currently recovering from bulimia. I really want to do this right. I have somewhat of a plan but tbh I don't know exactly what I'm doing and I just need a bit of validation or some advice.

My makeshift plan involves counting calories and maintaining a daily limit of 1,420, cutting out diet soda completely (which is going to be difficult for me but I know it's important), and walking on an inclined treadmill for an hour everyday.

Here's where I have questions:

• I CANNOT cook. At all. What do you guys suggest? Frozen microwavable meals? Soups? Pick-up on the go wraps? What do YOU usually do?

• I know weight training is also an important factor with losing weight to tone everything up and gain muscle. Where do I start? Do I weight train + do cardio on the same days? Why are protein shakes so important anyway? When do I introduce those into my diet? Do I even NEED to drink them?

• When is it time to change up exercises? I can't do the treadmill forever probably...or can I? What are the best exercises for beginners? How do you know which exercises are right for you?

• How do you keep yourself composed and not overwhelm yourself? This is my biggest problem. I want to do everything perfect on the first try and I tend to overdo everything. I know it's not realistic to run before you crawl but I can't grasp the mindset of starting small because I'm always comparing my journey to someone else's.

I'm just a big question mark when it comes to starting out and I would love if you could even answer one of these questions. I've been an anxious wreck with my stomach in knots, losing sleep because I'm overthinking everything and convincing myself that I'm going to screw up before I even get a chance to start. I just need to know if I'm on the right path.

Any and all suggestions are welcomed and appreciated!

submitted by /u/guyfierisass
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3b3KBrN

No comments:

Post a Comment