Friday, April 3, 2020

Everything I needed to know about isolation I learned from r/loseit | 33F | SW: 183 | GW: 150 | CW: 149

No one knew we needed to be prepared for weight-loss in hibernation but here we are. Thank you. I couldn't have done it without this community. You taught me that when all else fails I can return to the core power of CICO.

I used to take 10,000 steps a day and now, despite my best efforts, it's hard to get in more than 2,000 steps. Working and parenting from home takes effort but not expenditure of calories. So you know what? Less output, less input. I slowed my food intake, and I maintained and even continued my weight loss. Then I plateaued, so I switched from general IF to OMAD (and OH MY GOD so much black coffee and water to fill the hours between). I hit my goal weight two days ago, one of the few bright spots in an otherwise bleak moment.

Lots of gratitude to this community. Losing these 34 pounds has taken me 20 months (a postpartum journey). None of it has been easy, and the work is pretty broken right now. Here's to celebrating every spark of health around us. Go take a breath if you can. And hug yourself even if you're not allowed to hug anyone else.

submitted by /u/MamaRebbe
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3aGPPcF

No comments:

Post a Comment