Sunday, April 12, 2020

Help a fellow human with ADHD lose weight :)

Hi, I'm Karen, I am 18 going on 19, and i have been overweight for all of my life. Being the fat kid in a country with a relatively low obesity rate, i have been very conscious about my weight and my diet. That was until i started high school two years ago, and got a depression I'm still battling with today. I gained a lot of weight (about 18 kg) because of my lack of motivation and my disinterest in life. On top of that I got a shoulder injury that stopped me from participating in badminton (my favourite sport) , and my sister also got diagnosed with anorexia nervosa, so my relationship with food and exercise worsened.

There is one problem more, and that is that i also have ADHD. I act out of impulses and lack control, so it's very hard for me not to snack on that unhealth thing there is, because i lack impulse control, and sugar is the easiest way for a person with ADHD to gain access to a dopamine rush. I can't do diets, because i lack motivation in short-term commitments. Even the rare times i do sport is out of impulsivity, and the endorphins i get out of it is usually not enough for me to commit.

I don't know if there is another person in my situation, but i am really unhappy with my body, and i am looking for people who have experience with ADHD and weight loss. I don't know what else to do. I am pescitarian, and i have actually comitted to that for about 6 years now, but any other diet is just a 3-4 days thing. Any tips or reccomendations are welcome.

Thank you :)

submitted by /u/Heksekaellingen
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2yXHovX

No comments:

Post a Comment