Saturday, April 4, 2020

How it feels to lose over 1/5 of your body weight

https://imgur.com/8QPT7Lh https://imgur.com/Te5tbQS

I first found this subreddit a few months back as I was first getting into the swing of things with my weight loss journey that’s I started last March 2019. I was feeling low on how my body always made me feel. My body felt like a burden, not fitting into chairs properly and being uncomfortable no matter how I was sitting/laying/etc. I never tracked my calories, weight, or anything. I barely worked out. I had a kick where my friend and I went and that was short lived.

I got sick of things and told my boyfriend I needed his help to get me on the weight loss journey. He was the reason I finally started it, and helped encourage me along the way. When I found this subreddit, it was actually a couple months into my journey and from a link my bf sent me, since he was also on this subreddit. He would send me posts from this subreddit of other people and how their journey was. It was inspiring content every time, whether it was someone my size losing weight or someone even less losing 20 pounds. It was a relief to read words of struggles similar to mine. Sometimes he found a post that had someone else relating to me after I complained to him about how I felt LOL. So, I thought it was time I post something, in the hopes that it inspires other people!

The month of March, 2020, marked my first official year of my weight loss journey. I was hoping to hit 250 by the time the one year hit, but I’ve been hovering between and stuck at 257-258. While part of me blamed the stuck at home orders in this quarantine time, another part blamed myself. I was going through old photos today and found the photo to the left (see link at the top). The photo was taken July 2017, and who knows how much I weighed then. I think it was more than when I first finally stepped on the scale a year ago after avoiding that thing like the plague. I was at 330 a year ago. Overall I’ve lost 73 pounds and 22.1% of my body weight. My weight loss graph (second photo link at the top) shows the trend that I’ve been on track as much as I could be, but sometimes you have to go up and down to get the downward slope. And it’s okay!! I had cheat days and days when I didn’t work out (especially now 🙃).

All in all, I’m a different person. I track my calories, nutrients, weight, and exercise in MyFitnessPal. I’ve started to take measurements to measure the areas getting smaller even if the number stays the same. I make sure to check in with how my body is feel during meditation. I hope that showing that I could do, especially after all these years of being a big girl, can help others. Even if it makes not a single impact on anyone, I know that it makes an impact on myself looking back. I’m a happy, healthier person than I used to be. I have a better relationship with food and my body. I was even confident before, so you could imagine how much more confident I am now. Life is good, and while others have helped encourage me along the way, I have to thank myself for it too. Shoutout to me for being able to wear an old fat girl shirt as a dress. Pop off sis! 180 may be the end goal, but I’m happy to have hit the goal of being happy with myself. 🥰

See y’all next year!!!

submitted by /u/emilyyymayk
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2yxv5WJ

No comments:

Post a Comment