Wednesday, April 8, 2020

I am worried about my daughter, her eating habits, and her weight. What can I do?

My daughter is 5 feet tall, 140-ish pounds, and 17 years old. She was 170 pounds but has been doing a fairly good job at losing some of her excess weight. I’m finally ready to accept that her weight is at least somewhat my responsibility, with her being under the age of 18. I need advice on what I can do to help her and support her.

Here’s the problem: her weight loss had slowed down or maybe even stopped lately. Also, whenever both myself and her father are out of the house, and she’s alone, food turns up missing. I’m not just talking snack quantities; I mean half a jar of peanut butter, five or six slices of bread, a granola bar I had hidden, butter, anything sweet... Also, I’ve even noticed the flour and the sugar bags quickly being depleted, I wonder if she’s eating that too. So many things have gone missing, and this has been going on for 2-3 months. Surprisingly, she doesn’t seem to be gaining weight back.

I can’t continue to afford this. Should I confront her about it? I’m sorry if I sound like I’m being harsh. I truly love my daughter and it’s obvious that she’s struggling with something. I want to help her. But at the same time, this is not something I know how to handle. I don’t think I can continue to afford it either.

I just want to be a good mom. I don’t want to seem like I’m criticizing her (my daughter) but I think we’re going to have to talk about this sooner or later.

Any advice is welcome. Also, let me know if I left out any crucial information.

submitted by /u/My_venting_account_1
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3bY05gU

No comments:

Post a Comment