Friday, April 10, 2020

I lost 20% of my weight after meeting my boyfriend!

Story time! I was overweight, and became a healthy weight within just 4 months after meeting my current boyfriend. There was no struggle in my weight loss, I simply understood his healthy habits with food, and imitated them. This post is basically what I have changed in my behaviour under his influence, to enter the healthy weight range that I had not been in for a very long time. It may overlap with not only [this recent post](https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/fxx0kz/habits_ive_noticed_from_my_naturally_skinny/) that blew up, but also [another post] (https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/9z3pqo/tip_a_compilation_of_the_eating_habits_of_my/) that I wrote a year ago too!

From the first time I dined with my boyfriend, I noticed that he’d put his cutlery down when either of us were talking. This is in contrast to the old me where I would squeeze in bites of food between sentences, and also sometimes rush to swallow unchewed pieces of food just because it’s time to answer a question, resulting in both missing what the person just said because I was trying to twist slippery pasta onto my fork, and also forgetting what I just put in my mouth. It was a bit weird at first for me because it made me afraid to talk as I didn’t want him to stop eating HAHA. Now I’m used to it: meals consisting of alternating periods of completely silent eating, and engaged conversations.

From the last point, when you focus on your food like that, you tend to appreciate the flavours more, and you are slowing down your pace. Really, doing this has made me more sensitive to the flavours of the food, and also I finally acquired the ability to feel that sudden the point of being no longer hungry! Tip: when you want to stop eating, wipe your mouth and throw the tissue on your plate :)

Also if something is not nice, he just would not finish it, not even another bite actually! I still feel pain seeing a large amount of food being abandoned because I was taught to not waste food, but I’m getting there. The mindset is to use the trash can as a trash can, not your own body! I have lost weight from doing this, therefore I think it’s worth it.

He’s never been much of a snacking guy, so I followed him and we don’t keep any at home. I also no longer consume anything other than a plain tea after dinner, all the way until around 2pm the next day where we’d have brunch. This was something that he had done daily for years just out of habit, so he’s pretty much been unintentionally doing 16:8 intermittent fasting!

Exercise-wise, he doesn’t go to the gym or anything, but he has so much energy! He’s always happy to walk upstairs if there’s a wait at the lift, and wouldn’t consider getting in a vehicle if something is within an hour’s walking distance. So I also developed these habits and I’m sure they add up!

I’ve always been someone who tends to try to assimilate myself with whoever I date, because I find happiness in doing the same thing as them, therefore I’m very lucky to have met someone who’s made a positive impact on me! I feel like I have adapted these behaviours as my own, and shall continue with them even if some day he’s not around.

Thanks so much for reading and I hope my post helps you in some way :) Any questions you guys have for either of us I will pass them on and answer!

submitted by /u/pancaketoo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3eaZk6c

No comments:

Post a Comment