Saturday, April 4, 2020

I'm now 15lbs further away from my goal

Hi reddit, I'm a formerly obese person. At the age of 16, I lost around 30lbs in the summer of 2018 and weighed around 130 lbs at 5'2. My goal weight is around 110-120 and a body fat % of around 25%. However, this quarantine has been throwing me off my loop. I checked my weight just a few minutes ago, and now I'm a whopping 145 lbs! People praised me for my weight loss in school, but now I'm afraid to undo my hard work if I return

My family always always ALWAYS buys junk food. It's safe to say that everyone in my house is unhappy and resorts to eating food to cope with their emotions. For god's sake, there's this cabinet in my house that's so filled with junk food that if you open it, it spills out! Who even needs that much food?? We aren't gonna starve to death, we're fat! My sister and my dad collectively bought 10 boxes of those entenmann's cookies, and guess who's been snacking on them?

There's a good chance that I have an ED, so once this virus dies down, I'm planning on going to therapy to sort out my emotional issues. However. I need to focus on the now. I've tried measuring my food and tracking on my fitness pal, but the boredom snacking demons have got the best of me.

I feel so disgusted with myself, I feel certain parts of my body become flabby. A previous gym rat who'd exercise a lot, to a hermit crab with little to no exercise

The people in my house look down upon self improvement and healthy eating, because to my dad "you only live once, life sucks and we're all gonna die anyways. Worry about your health later." But I DONT want to become that. I don't want to be miserable and overweight. I want to feel like I have some worth (btw, being overweight does NOT mean that you're worth less than others). My mom and sister used to constantly point out my weight problems while continuing to shove food down my windpipe, like make up your mind!

Sorry for the long rant, just gotta get some things off my chest.

submitted by /u/sinnohemblem
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2UZmvYA

No comments:

Post a Comment