Tuesday, April 7, 2020

It takes work...

So I've always struggled with my weight since I was a kid. Up until my 30s I tried diets but never stuck with them past a day or 2 then went back to my usual unhealthy eating patterns. What i have never done is put the work in and actually resist eating junk food, I never put the effort in and actively stuck with changing bad habits. I joined a gym last May and have lost about 20 pounds over the last 11 months but even at that I still ate as normal. It sounds so stupid but I've just realised it takes work to lose weight, its not easy and I just haven't made myself accountable. It's like I've been secretly hoping that 1 day of healthy eating is going to act as a magic wand and erase 30 years of bad habits. This probably all sounds very silly and like something that should have occurred to me many years ago but I'm willing to take the hit as all the posts here have really inspired me to take control of the situation and get things going!

So today I am making myself accountable and I'm going to put the work in. I weighed myself this morning and I am 236 pounds, up 5 pounds since start of quarantine here in Ireland. I'm going to spend today writing out an exercise and eating plan, I'm going to start with intermittent fasting as night time eating is my major downfall and it's about time I taught myself self denial! Best of luck to you all on your weight loss journeys x

submitted by /u/lucynua20
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3c2ConF

No comments:

Post a Comment