Tuesday, April 7, 2020

That last stubborn 20

Hello, I've been a member here for a bit but have not figure out flair so hopefully this post will work.

I have done pretty well with my weight loss and am down 90lbs and am more fit than I have been for years. But I still have 20 or 25 lbs to get to a healthy BMI. And this has taken me forever! I lost 5 lbs in the same amount of time that it took me to lose 50 from my starting weight.

I know I am eating at basically maintenance for my current weight which is why I haven't lost much. I know I have to get tight with my diet. I have been running about 20 miles a week and have lost the balance I had between undercutting calories while still being able to handle the activity level I need for my mental health and the joy I get from running.

I guess I am looking for motivation or discipline ideas, or ways to get serious about my diet that are sustainable. At this point I am looking for long term changes that I can maintain forever, to avoid what has been happening which is undercutting calories to the point where I get too exhausted or get too hungry and overeat.

One benefit has been that eating at maintenance has improved my running, its tough to meet goals when you bonk due to lack of energy. I eat enough now that i have the energy for 5-10 miles several times a week. But i need to drop another 20 or 25 lbs to improve my health and running.

submitted by /u/butagooodie
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/39REeX0

No comments:

Post a Comment