Sunday, April 5, 2020

My transformation so far

Hey,

First post so if the formatting is bad, my apologies. I started the journey down after I had been medically disqualified from college football. It was my freshman year and I was a lineman. The weight was already up there but i was still in relatively good shape, running and lifting almost daily. I didnt shed the weight as I didn't want or need to while playing. Second semester. I got disqualified and stopped playing. I stopped training too but kept my eating habits. I was at about 280 and lost a good chunk of muscle while gaining fat. I think I was at about 310 at my heaviest but the only time i weighed myself, I was at almost 300. I came home from school and while living at home had cut down a little on the food so that is where I think I lost the 10 pounds.

I was chatting with my uncle and he invited me to join a weight loss competition. I said why not and talked with him about what to do and how to lose the weight. I knew I was fat and this was the extra push I needed to start losing. I was eating eggs, chicken, shrimp, and avocado. I kept my calories to 1200 a day roughly and was taking fat burners. (Now, I have not seen any results that point one way or another for how well they worked.) I shed 60 pounds in 3 months doing almost nothing. I had hit 240 and was feeling great about how I looked. I maintained between 240 and 260, staying mostly at 250 for about a year afterward. I started going to the gym and started lifting trying to regain strength and hopefully shed some more fat. I was making gains but didnt see any of the weight coming off but kept at it.

My brother had found his soulmate and so was planning his wedding. He is and was heavier than I ever was and I wanted him to be healthier and I know he wants to look good in his wedding photos. I challenged him to a competition between me and him and he accepted. I bulked a little bit and let myself go for about a month leading up to the start of the competition and weighed in at 270. After cutting calories down again to 1200, I started losing weight but felt weak, sluggish, and irritable all the time. I stopped counting calories and just started looking at what and how much I ate of things and found I was able to keep losing weight while still treating myself. The competition ended today and I weighed in at 225. I'm super excited and this weight is one that I never thought I would achieve. I'm planning on continuing to lose weight but don't have a goal weight in mind at the moment.

Diet is key. You can't outrun a fork.

Tranformation: http://imgur.com/a/KQF4Hpn

submitted by /u/zbronco
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2xNsOGL

No comments:

Post a Comment