Sunday, April 5, 2020

[NSV] I’m about to need a new belt!

I’ve struggled with weight my whole adult life. I grew up with a father who liked decadent and rich things but had very little appetite, and a mother who was raised with a scarcity mentality around food, which meant that I ate every last bit of whatever was put in front of me, often unhealthy indulgent foods. As an adult I haven’t been able to break those cycles and have slowly been gaining weight since I started high school. With the exception of a brief period of weight loss my first year in college (thanks to, weirdly, an unlimited meal plan in my freshman dorm, which meant that I had access to as much or little pre-prepped food across the spectrum of healthiness as I wanted), I haven’t been able to change.

This year on New Year’s Day I stood on the scale and realized that I’d gotten back to my heaviest weight of all time despite feeling like I’d “been good.” I was frustrated, ashamed of myself, and overall just unhappy. My SIL was on Noom so I started the free trial and after a couple of weeks realized it was no better than My Fitness Pal. Credit Noom, though, for helping me see that it was really just as easy as committing to making lifestyle changes and not being ashamed of looking at the scale every day or for breaking my calorie limit on occasion - I learned that as long as I’m keeping accountable I can be successful.

Now, three months later I’m down almost 25 pounds. I still have a ways to go, and although it’s been difficult seeing little or no progress sometimes I’m starting to see real physical changes. I’m back to fitting into Men’s Large shirts instead of XL, and today I realized that my old favorite, reliable belt is getting too big to wearmy old favorite, reliable belt is getting too big to wear!

submitted by /u/jayfred
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3bUHv9G

No comments:

Post a Comment