Wednesday, April 1, 2020

onederland babyyyy

I know there are a lot more important things going on in the world and even this subreddit than a number on a scale, but I'm thankful I do have a more private outlet like this one to celebrate my victory. I'm a 29-year-old woman and weighed 239 lbs in early January and am down to 198 today! Really proud of my progress and figured I'd share what's been working for me.

  • Running. Even at my heaviest (and I'm still obese ATM) I am lucky to have strong legs to carry me through! I downloaded the Nike Run Club app in January and began training for a half marathon, which has been a goal of mine for the last few years. Of course the race got canceled but prepping for the race, plus strength training 2 times a week has given me great results. Training helped me drink less, because I knew I wouldn't be able to run 3 miles or whatever lay ahead if I was hungover. Drinking less led to weight loss not only because of the calories I wasn't consuming via alcohol (I'm a vodka soda chick by choice anyways) but I am a really bad drunk munchies gal and once my inhibitions are out the window I want every fried food in sight. Then it becomes even worse the next day, when I'm too hungover to work out and craving something terribly greasy for the hangover. Another way running has helped ya girl: I do general calorie counting but I would often get flustered if I realized I had forgotten to log something, or tried a small bite of something and couldn't figure out how to properly log it. For the first month, I pretty obsessively logged, but once I was more mindful of approximate calories I didn't feel the need to log anymore. Running gives me the wiggle room I need so that I won't flip out and get frustrated with myself if I'm not exact with calorie counting, and it gives me a sense of control. For me, it feels like a more active way to participate in your weight loss.
  • Not buying snacks. I have never been officially diagnosed with a binge-eating disorder but I know some of my habits closely align with many of the symptoms. Unfortunately it's really hard for me to have self-control when it comes to eating in moderation, particularly with handy snack foods like pita chips, string cheese, chocolate, etc. so I've just eliminated the source. I stock up on fruits, veggies, cans of soup, tuna fish, eggs, oatmeal... it's a good way to tell if I am truly hungry vs. being bored and tempted by a quick moment of hedonism.

I'm super bummed that I can't complete the half marathon as planned this weekend but I am still running and can't ever regret shedding 40 pounds and getting on my way to a healthier me. Thanks for listening!

submitted by /u/doodlesugie
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/343Czwe

No comments:

Post a Comment