Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Rant about weight loss and mental health

This is just a rant, but if anyone has some helpful advice I'll take it. I've been struggling with weight loss for a while now and it's been extra difficult because of some chronic health issues. My rant though is that all of the motivation that I find online always seems so PUNITIVE! All I want is to find some support and motivation that isn't along the lines of "what do you like more, food, or being able to see your hip bones in a bathing suit"? There is a tone of stuff online about body positivity but none of it has the message that I can love my body while still wanting to get healthier. It's like it has to be one or the other. Either my body is perfect and it doesn't need to change, or it's a "motivation" designed to get me to exercise by feeling ashamed of myself. And every time I google healthy weight loss at this point I just get ads for noom 😒. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong spots, and I'm not saying I've seen this attitude on this sub, but it's definitely out there. And I would go so far as to say it's the dominant result when looking online for motivation.

Rant over, thanks friends.

submitted by /u/grumpy_chipmunk
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2wXdFlT

No comments:

Post a Comment