Thursday, April 2, 2020

Rediscovering A Passion

Hey everyone! I’m a long-time lurker of this sub and have always come here for inspiration and advice. I’ve finally decided to make a post of my own in hopes of it helping me stay motivated.

I have been on my weight loss journey since January 2018. I have had my ups and downs, but at my best, I had gotten down to 255 lbs. after counting calories and focusing on consuming whole foods. I was ecstatic about my weight-loss, but due to some unforeseen circumstances in my life, I've had a stressful past 6 months and have gained almost 50 lbs. back. It is not a mystery how the weight came back; I have been eating (and drinking) mostly what I want when I want as an unhealthy way to deal with the stress.

Today I stepped on the scale out of curiosity and saw 303 pounds. It was huge benchmark for me to get below the 300 pound mark, and to see that I have erased all of that hard work is heart-breaking. It is time for me to get serious again. When I was in the middle of actively losing weight, I really enjoyed it. I dedicated so much time learning about nutrition and weight loss in general that I considered it a passion of mine and even contemplated changing my major.

Now I have lost that drive, but I am determined to get it back. I want to feel that excitement I felt when I stepped on the scale and saw another loss. I want to feel the pride I felt when the shirt that was once too small for me is now too big. Most of all, I just want to feel healthy again!

I know I have a long journey ahead of me, but reading the posts on this sub help to remind me that it's possible. I have learned from everyone here to trust the process and to remind my self to love the journey, not just the destination. So thank you everyone for your updates, and congratulations for the success you all have found. And for anyone reading this who may be feeling down or unmotivated, please remember: WE CAN DO THIS!!!

submitted by /u/peaceinthemountains
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2UzFiul

No comments:

Post a Comment