Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Should I eat less than 1200kcal/day?

Hello everyone!

Sorry for my English, it's not my first language.

I'm having a little problem: I started my weight loss journey 61 days ago (according to MFP) and based it on CICO for the first time in my life. I was so surprised that it actually worked! It was easy, doable, I wasn't that hungry, and I got to eat something from my favourite restaurant and staying in my calorie budget just by making it my only meal that day. In a bit more than one month I went from 182lbs to 163lbs. I'm 5'6", 20F. My goal weight is 130. I've been eating 1200 calories/day. Some days I got to 1300, sometimes 1100. I had one cheat day a few days ago because of my partner's birthday. Using tdeecalculator.net it looks like I'd have a 500 calories deficit eating at 1300, but I have the My Body Composition scale that tells me my metabolism is actually slower than it should, meaning my maintenance calories are 1429kcal/day.. Which means I'm usually in a 200 calories deficit. I'm not sure if it's a relevant detail, but I have been diagnosed with PCOS.

Everything was good though: I was losing weight, absolutely not hungry, etc. Then, about one month ago, I started doing some exercises using the Nike Training app. I got really sore and the next day I was like 2lbs more, but I read everywhere that it's normal water retention. I kept going, and I absolutely stopped losing weight. It's been one month (a bit more actually) and I have gained and lost 1lb, and that's it.

I swear I'm tracking everything religiously. There is no food, oil, beverage, milk, coffee that I don't put on MFP. I have a food scale and I track every single bit. When I order from a restaurant (like twice a month) I ask the exact calories not to go over my calories budget. It's not stressful and I'm not obsessed about it, but I know I'm precise. I keep doing some strength exercises using NTA, but I've also implemented dancing using the sweat mode on Just Dance. My smart watch tells me I'm losing about 300/400 kcal each time , but I never log them or eat them back, I keep myself at 1200.

At this point, I don't understand. I was completely not worried when I didn't lose weight for one week, it was okay for two, I was wondering why at the third one, but now it's then end of the fifth week and I'm feeling pretty down. I read everywhere that I should not be eating less than 1200 calories/day (and I'm not really short, so I guess it's valid), but maybe my PCOS influences my metabolism. Also, the fact that I'm rarely hungry makes me feel like I should be eating a bit less? I should also point out that my doctors like to pretend my PCOS does not exist, so I never took medicines or I have never been given suggestions on how to improve the situation; this is probably because in my country it's not really considered a disease or anything to worry about particularly.

The last thing, I tried doing keto, but it's just not for me. I did low carbs for a bit (that's better!) and stopped around the time I started exercising. I still eat less than 100/150 g of carbs per day, but maybe that's the reason I'm not losing weight? Even though it does not agree with the principle, "calories in, calories out".

Also, I'm in quarantine and right now I can't go to a nutritionist/dietician. I may consider it later.

I thank you very much If you got to the end of my post. What I'm trying to ask is if you have any input... as for now, I was wondering if I should try eating 1000 calories/day. But maybe you have other suggestions or anything else really. Thank you so very much!

submitted by /u/mcchanger
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/34m5dcg

No comments:

Post a Comment