Sunday, April 12, 2020

Thoughts on quarantine plateau

Since Boxing Day last year I've lost 14 kg (30 lbs). I'm 5"3, female, 40 years old and am really happy with my weight loss so far. I have another 22kg (48 lbs) to lose to get to a healthy BMI. The last couple of weeks I've been working from home while my country is in lockdown due to Covid-19. My weight loss has plateaued which I've been finding really frustrating and demotivating. I definitely snacked a bit more some days while I was working from home, but have that mostly under control now.

I should be happy that I'm not putting on weight, but each time I step on the scales I just feel frustrated to see the same numbers. It would get me thinking, what is the point? why bother? I've definitely been feeling more stressed and anxious the last few weeks, probably because my usual routines are all out of whack, and I can't help thinking that comfort eating would, well, comfort me at this time. Why deprive myself if it's not making a difference?

But actually, it IS making a difference, even if I'm not seeing weight loss results at the moment. It's building and practising the healthy habits I will need to maintain a healthy weight in the future. It's helping maintain my weight loss that I've worked hard on all year. That's the point. That's why I will keep going even if I'm not seeing results right now. Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

submitted by /u/Well-well-wellington
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2XtKLVk

No comments:

Post a Comment