Friday, August 14, 2020

26F, 260lbs - Obesity is ruining my life.

I’m 26F, 5’1” and 260lbs. I’ve been gaining ~20lbs/ year for 5 years. This past year I gained 40lbs. I’m extremely obese and it’s ruining my life.

I’m out of breath after putting on my socks. I have sleep apnea. None of my clothes fit. I have troubles wiping after the bathroom. I have really dark acanthosis nigricans on my neck, armpits and groin. Most recently it’s spread to my breasts and under fat folds. I sweat even while I’m just sitting. Maybe tmi but I can barely masturbate anymore because my stomach is in the way. Basic every day tasks are exhausting to me because they’re hard for me to do and then leave me out of breath. At all times of the day I just want to be laying down because that’s the only position my body is comfortable in. I haven’t looked at myself in a mirror for about a year. I had no idea just how big I am until I seen pictures of myself taken by other people. I think about my weight ALL day every. single. day.

So! Today I’ve made the choice to try to start living a healthy lifestyle. I have a couple friends who go to the gym a few days a week and I’ve asked them to be my accountability buddies. I’m not a great cook but I stocked up on some premade salads and easy and yummy but healthy to make foods.

Food will be the hardest part for me. I binge eat multiple times a week. I’m quite embarrassed about it and no one in my life knows about my binge eating problem. I only do it when I’m home alone. I know part of my healthy journey will be to get counselling for possible binge eating disorder but I’m going to wait until my benefits at work kick in to help pay for it.

I’m embarrassed to tell any of my friends or family members about this so I wanted to share in a great community! I’ve lurked on this subreddit for years and it’s been inspiring and eye opening for me. I’m finally ready to make the lifestyle change. I’m hoping to lose ~4lbs/month (1lb/week). I’d love to lose 10lbs by Canadian thanksgiving. Then maybe another ~10-15 by Christmas.

My weight loss goal is to get back to around 150lbs. I know it’s going to be a long and hard journey, but here’s to day one!

submitted by /u/introvertednapper
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Y07F6e

No comments:

Post a Comment