Wednesday, August 12, 2020

5 Gym Visits Completed

Long story short, I’m 29F and hit the 18 stone mark a few weeks ago. That’s always been my “highest” weight. Ironically, I have a very active job and health promotion is a big part of my career - as is exercise. I’ve always felt like a hypocrite. I’m the largest person in my department and I’m quite sure people have wondered what on earth a person like me is doing in my healthcare profession.

Due to various excuses regarding poor motivation and severe depression, I’ve spent the last six months comfort eating. Even at my “lowest” weight I was obese.

Anyway. I’ve made a few lifestyle changes. I always fail at diets because I automatically recoil in disgust with “healthy” food. Everyone always tells me that weight loss is 80% food or that exercise “won’t make much of a difference”. In all honesty, exercise is the only thing I can kind of do well. So I’m starting there. Takeaways are banned - they used to be a weekly or even bi-weekly “treat” but now I’ve decided I can have one as a payday treat and maybe opt for smaller portions. I’m planning my meals and taking notice of the low fat and low sugar options. I’ve reduced my portion sizes.

But the biggest achievement for me is managing to go to the gym - I’ve been paying for it and not gone in nearly 18 months. I’ve started doing the Couch 2 5k. I feel disheartened some days but I know I need to keep going.

So yeah. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. I kind of feel if I post this I’ll keep coming back to it and maybe have more motivation to keep going.

submitted by /u/GeneralPigeon91
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2DNiHVt

No comments:

Post a Comment