Friday, August 14, 2020

About to start my journey (again)

Female, mid 20’s, SW: 224lbs GW: 165/170lbs

It’s been a rough journey. Food and weight have been serious barriers my whole life. I was never super overweight, just a little more plump than my friends. Post-college I was extremely stressed (getting my life together, starting career, fun stuff!!) and my weight wasn’t a priority, so I let myself go a bit. Like, 40 pounds a bit. I look in the mirror and don’t like what I see. It’s not the best feeling.

On top of that, I have Hashimoto’s disease and was diagnosed when I was a child, which hasn’t helped, since it makes it much more difficult to lose weight. In order to prevent health challenges in the future (many horrible health issues run in my family), my doctor and I discussed the immediate need to buckle down and take weight loss seriously. To that effect, she has given me a prescription for Qsymia to help get me started, and once I’m off of it, the hope is that I will be able to keep the momentum going. I started a vegetarian (I still eat fish and eggs) diet because I felt eating meat created an opening to eat poorly (think fast food). I slip occasionally but mostly keep to it (yay!) but I feel there needs to be more to it.

What has helped you in starting your journey for the hundredth time? How do you get over feeling defeated? How do I get and stay motivated? How hardcore do I need to revamp my diet? Have you ever had problems/successes with Qsymia?

submitted by /u/fly_on_ur_wall
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Y0pZwg

No comments:

Post a Comment