Friday, August 14, 2020

The ice cream is still there!

During quarantine, I got heavily obsessed with getting the 1.5 quart Kroger Deluxe ice cream containers. As a Ben & Jerrys pint lover, I thought the larger container would allow me to have more ice cream over time, but smaller servings individually.

Well, it was a fat nope from me. I’d buy it on Sunday, it would be gone Tuesday at the latest. Instead of scooping it out into servings, I told myself “I’ll know when to stop!” (Narrator: She did not) But the next week, I’d buy 2 more. (They were 2/$5 and I’m only human.)

Anyway, I stopped buying them, but for the last month, I’ve eaten out constantly and terribly. Over the weekend, I FINALLY decided it was time to get my shit together. No fad or crash diets, just steady weight loss over time with CICO.

In what I thought was a huge mistake, I bought the offending ice cream on Sunday.

But this time, it was different. I’m on day 5 of the Lose It app for food and Alive by Whitney app for exercise, and I’m actually... doing it. I’m down 2lbs and it actually feels like I’m in it for the long haul.

The reason I am more convinced this time? The ice cream I bought Sunday is still in the freezer. Half full. I haven’t been restricting myself, I just scoop a serving into a bowl and put it back. I literally never thought I’d say this, but the pride I feel in myself right now tastes better than a full 1.5 quarts of ice cream in one sitting ever could.

I’m trying to lose 60lbs in 1 year — so far, I think I’m on track for 5lbs/month. I really feel like I’m going to do it this time.

Love this community! Keep going everyone.

submitted by /u/lilspaghettigrandma
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3h0h0T0

No comments:

Post a Comment