Monday, August 3, 2020

Am I doing too much or too little?

Hi guys!

25 Female, 5ft 1”, 10stone 8lbs

I’ve put on SO much weight since COVID lockdown, I’ve been working from home since the end of March, live on my own and just became so depressed and ate so much junk and ordered so many takeaways.

My local gym opened up last week so I started going back. At the moment, I’m doing 5 days a week (mon-Friday) on the morning before I start work. Our time slots at the gym are 50 minutes but in between cleaning the machines before and after use I say I get anywhere from 40-45 mins of exercise at the gym.

I track my exercise using my fitbit then input it into MyFitnessPal - I burn anywhere from 350-400 calories each session.

According to MFP I should be eating 1,200 cals a day to lose 2lb a week (that’s without adding on my calories burned at the gym of course). I’m under the 1,200 calorie goal by anywhere between 300-500 calories - not purposely, sometimes I do just eat small portions.

I know it’s only been a week but I weighed myself this morning and only lost 1lb. I felt gutted that after being strict with calories, counting every gram and going to the gym at 7am Mon-Friday I lost less than I thought.

I’m hoping it’ll balance itself out over the next few weeks but I’m just wondering am I doing too much or too little in terms of weight loss/calorie deficiency?

The only exercise I really get is the gym on a morning and the odd walk here and there. I mainly sit at my desk as I’m still working from home. My depression is still lingering so it takes a lot for me to even get up and go to the gym so going for more walks outside of my gym routine is a bit too daunting for now.

submitted by /u/Nami95
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/30jYXBs

No comments:

Post a Comment