Monday, August 17, 2020

any way to preserve leg thickness during weight loss?

Hi,

I've recently gone on a weight loss regimen. Decided to simply go nuclear with multiple angles (log calories with a deficit, IF and daily steps).

My philosophy is that trying to keep muscle and lose fat is much less efficient than simply losing the total weight for a few months and rebuilding muscle after. Only problem is gyms are closed (if they were open I'd probably be scared to go until the public risk is significantly less) and I have no weights for squats which I presume would help.

It's working well, losing up to a kg a week, but I'm finding my legs are getting thinner (I assume losing quad muscle mass). The diet, daily walks and lack of gyms open or a squat rack is a likely culprit.

Any tips for trying to preserve it, or is it a case of simply rebuilding once the fat is reduced sufficiently elsewhere and accept the muscle loss. I'm a tall guy so thinning legs looks worse, but with a concentration of the dangerous belly fat, that's the main prize so can live with this leg annoyance for a few months if no real solutions.

Thinking out loud maybe bodyweight squats or something. Any tips appreciated.

submitted by /u/unpretentious
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Cz0hr7

No comments:

Post a Comment