Monday, August 17, 2020

Anxiety, Depression, Exercise and Weight loss

Hi guys - this is my first post here.

Title above says it all really - over the last 2 years I've gained around 25-30lbs. I've had a couple of half hearted attempts to lose it, but my mental health has been such that I haven't been successful for more than a week or 2.

I've had anxiety and depression since I can remember. In 2018-19 I ended up so poorly that I could not work for 5 months, I was medicated and booked myself into therapy. I weened myself of medication in February and I am continuing with therapy. I'm in a much better place, though I do still have depressive episodes and bouts of anxiety - though since I have returned to work in early 2019 I've only had to take 2 days off for mental health.

Exercise wise I am very much inconsistent - I can keep something up for a few weeks and then fail! Though last year I managed to run and marathon and then not keep anything up since.

My plan is to exercise 5-6 days a week, starting with 30 minutes a day mid intensity and then gradually work my way up. Food wise I will be calorie counting and trying to make things from scratch.

Anyways I'm hoping my joining this community I will have some accountability and be able to get support whether that be posting or lurking.

My stats are

I'm a 32 year old female and 5'7".

SW - 160lb (approx) CW - 149lb GW - 130-135lb

Happy Monday everyone!

submitted by /u/hrhl767
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/348CARU

No comments:

Post a Comment