Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Are anyone’s families supportive of a healthier lifestyle?

I’m 18, 5’0, and 128 pounds. I started eating a healthier diet (focusing on protein, eating more vegetables, not eating out as much anymore.) I count calories closely. I still let myself enjoy things from time to time like a fast food meal here, some ice cream here. But I have gotten really good at moderating what I eat every since March when quarantine started.

And my family has been the WORST part of it. I started learning how to cook in March for this lifestyle change and all they do is have me under a microscope.

First, they always tell me I eat like a white girl. (For context, my family is very much Hispanic and they get appalled that I would eat oatmeal rather than a normal bacon and egg breakfast.)

Then my dad tells me that “fruit are high in sugar” whenever I eat some fruit.

The worst is when I actually have a little “cheat” meal where I indulge in something like fast food in which they’ll stare at me eat uncomfortably and go, “See I knew you weren’t on a diet. Do you know how bad that is for you?”

It’s like they’re personally offended I’ve made this lifestyle change/weight loss journey.

Anyways, it normally doesn’t bother me but now that my grandmother has moved in with us it’s gotten like 10x worse. It makes me feel super self conscious to eat when they literally sit there and glare at me.

I never put them down for eating what they do (and 99% of it is fast food.) I just make my food and eat and they sit there and glare at me.

I thought like family would motivate you and be proud of you and instead it’s like I’m murdering someone.

Just a tiny rant, but genuinely it makes me feel so self conscious. I felt self conscious eating unhealthy foods and now I feel self conscious eating healthy foods. It’s like I can’t win lol

submitted by /u/kaaaramatsu
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/32pyyBT

No comments:

Post a Comment