Sunday, August 9, 2020

calorie counting IS important. heyo.

okay, you've heard this a billion times probably, weight loss: it's about calories and it's also about a lot of other things like macros and hormones and nutrition and metabolism etc.

for the longest time I didn't want to slip into the cycle of calorie counting, because of my tendency towards disordered eating. I decided about a week ago though, to sign up for a free trial of My Fitness Pal to educate myself on calories and get an insight on how many calories I'm eating regularly, especially when I binge or simply overeat in the night (my late-night Taco Bell runs)

and the way my week goes, I'm disciplined/eating normally for the first few days of the week, and then towards the weekend I binge in the evening like crazy.

and predictably, when I tracked meticulously, this is how my week went:

Monday through Wednesday: well under my calorie goal (betweek 1400-1900 calories)

Thursday through Saturday: over 3000 calories! every day

Today is Sunday and my first day off all week, and wondering how much I'm going to chalk it up to~

Calorie counting is turning out to be an education because it's showing me that for years, and years, during my binges, I was overeating my calories far more than I ever thought I was.

So from tomorrow, I'm not only going to simply log in what I'm eating, but also aim for certain macros (lower carbs and higher protein), under my recommended calorie limit (1700) and within a limited amount of time (within 10 hours of the day).

calorie counting is not how I want to live my life. but it's already been an important part of my education for my health and body.

submitted by /u/yacantprayawaythegay
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/30Hg4xl

No comments:

Post a Comment