Sunday, August 23, 2020

Decided to celebrate the beginning of my weight loss by chopping off my hair instead of hiding behind it!

Not sure how to make the image show without clicking on this link

Weight has always been difficult for me. From the time I weighed 200 in high school and lost 60 lbs to later have a tummy tuck at 22, to now, at 26, currently weighing 149. I always found short hair so easy but before, I’d grow it all out as a safety blanket to hide behind. My hair is naturally curly and extremely thick as someone who is Armenian, and it caused me nothing but frustration and sweaty nights trying to sleep. Last night, I thought, hey...Weight loss will be much easier after moving out of my parents house. I am no longer around toxic people with personality disorders. I can do me! And I can be healthy, and I don’t have to worry about my mother sneaking oil into my cooking! Yay! So I decided I’d chop off all my annoying hair to celebrate the start of another weight loss journey. I had all my barber equipment at home and it went perfect. I cried so hard when I realized my hair was just a safety blanket, and how much I hated that frizzy prison. I felt so free. By the time I was done taking my shears and clippers to my head, I was a happy, crying mess. Cheers to shedding off more pounds and living with my amazing boyfriend who cooks for me and supports my weight loss journey!

submitted by /u/pinkbattt
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/32j49Fl

No comments:

Post a Comment