Monday, August 3, 2020

Fat jokes after substantial weight loss

I recently went to a party for the 1st time since lockdown began in March. I've been on a weight loss journey for a few years but most substantial progress had been during the lockdown period. I became less fat, more muscular, and happier with my body, and now I would actually consider myself a fit person, and definitely a healthy one.

Then this party came around. I try to believe that I'm an individual who does their progress for myself and only myself, but deep down I do crave a little bit of acknowledgement. But I would have been fine if I didn't receive any acknowledgement. What really broke me down was that I actually received multiple fat jokes. Comments on my size, stature, weight, all of it.

Accompany this with my history of being a loner with very few friends and you end up with me having a breakdown, crying myself to sleep and starving myself into a 3000 calorie deficit out of pure sadness. I'm normally a confident person but this made me feel like all my progress is for nothing. It's caused a resurgence in depression and anxiety with me taking a day off of working out even though I normally would have gone. It hurt me more than any other feeling could.

My message with this post is simple; please encourage kindness. Love each other. We're all fighting our own fight and it's already hard as is. So please, if you know anyone who's undergone a weight loss journey, give them a hug and tell them you're proud. Give them a friend. They need it more than you could possibly imagine.

Stay strong kings and queens. Stay hard.

submitted by /u/ashloss__
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3gpcmxv

No comments:

Post a Comment