Friday, August 7, 2020

Feeling Hopeful

I've been yo-yo-ing between 200 and 220lbs for a few years, while a healthy weight for my height is about 140. I've been overweight for a while, but I didn't really start feeling "unhealthy" until the last year or so when the extra weight started taking its toll on my knees and my blood pressure started creeping up. I know that I cannot put off getting healthy any longer, but I've felt at a loss for how to find a healthy lifestyle structure that worked for me.

For the first time in a very long time, I'm now feeling hopeful and more confident that I will be able to do good for my body due to a couple different factors:

I quit a job that made me miserable that had resulted in a lot of anxiety and emotional eating. I'm just starting my new job and am being very deliberate in forming habits that are successfully limiting my anxiety. In the 2 weeks since I've started I haven't had any emotional eating binges.

My new job's benefits include tele-therapy, which is currently free through the end of September. Today I will be reaching out for a consultation and will start therapy specifically focused around managing emotional eating and developing a better relationship with food. I feel confident that this work will be the tipping point for helping me make real changes to the way I eat, allowing me to finally have successful long-term weight loss.

The best I've ever felt when dieting was when I did a Whole30 a few years ago, but being that strict is not sustainable for me. This week I've focused on eating ~90% paleo with dairy allowed and I'm feeling very good! I love all the food I've been eating and am starting to notice fewer cravings. It makes me feel like eating healthy in the long term isn't impossible and is giving me a lot of motivation to keep up healthy habits.

Overall, I just feel happy with the health journey ahead of me rather than filled with dread for the first time in recent memory 🙂

submitted by /u/acciohappiness
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/30GymPn

No comments:

Post a Comment