Sunday, August 23, 2020

Had the Fat Acceptance Movement ever held you from addressing your wheight issues?

Glitter and Lazers

So this week I was watching the new video from Glitter and Lazers because I'm following her weight lost journey -- she was diagnosed with lipedema.

She was always vocal about the FAM and how people shouldn't have to lose weight to be healthy or happy. Now she started making posts that I perceived as she begging not to get backlash from the people in the movement, in her posts on Instagram she would repeat many times that her weight loss is not about her image but because of her health. This is problematic in many levels because: 1. Why can't we change our image if it's not something we like about us? 2. Just the fact that she is so worried about the comments she would get shows how toxic the FAM is. 3. Why can't we love ourselves and accept that we need to change our habits if we want to live better lives?

In her last YouTube video she was really REAL about all those issues and what she now thinks love yourself really is. I think it is important to talk about this because sometimes people will find any excuse not to do what they have to do, myself included. I spent years trying to pretend my body and weight didn't bother me at all. Now, a decade later, I'm finally on the path to really love myself by taking care of me.

submitted by /u/girl_in_red_costume
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2CVZnoO

No comments:

Post a Comment