Sunday, August 23, 2020

Question for those of you who've had skin removal surgery

Hello everyone. I have been on the Keto lifestyle since February and have lost 122lbs since then. If you look through my post history you can see my story, some updates and a few progress pics. It really is the 2nd best thing I've ever done for my health (the first was tackling my mental issues that made this weight loss journey possible to begin with).

As you can guess by the title, the rapid weight loss has cause me to develop a TON of loose skin on my stomach, thighs, arms, man boobs, etc. I honestly probably have at least 15lbs of skin that needs to be removed for my... I don't know if I'd call it vanity or just peace of mind, but I would love for it to be gone. I'm ALMOST to the point of wanting to start my maintenance period, so I feel like this is the best time to start looking at options.

My questions are:

1) How long did it take you to find the right surgeon you felt comfortable with and did you go with an actual plastic/cosmetic surgery center or another type of place?

2) What was your recovery time like and how soon were you able to return to work and was the recovery time based on just pain and discomfort, or were there legitimate worries of something messing up with the stitching/sutures? I ask because I have a very high tolerance for pain and I feel like if a lot of the recovery time is due to pain and discomfort, I could probably push through and return to work earlier. My job is a pretty labor intense job with me routinely lifting 30+ pound items and being on my feet all day.

3) Sort of related to 2, but is it possible to get everything done at once or does it need to be done in different sessions and if can be done at once, does that cut done on the recovery time needed? I also am thinking about not getting any kind of thigh surgery since that is the area least seen. Would that help with recovery since I feel like that area would be the most "tender" since you have to support yourself on your feet.

3) Did the results of your surgery achieve what you thought it would in terms of how you viewed your body and was that feeling worth the money (since I'm prepared for insurance to not cover anything) and recovery period?

Those are my main questions, but I'd love to read stories about your experiences with the surgery and the pre and post effects of it if you are comfortable in sharing.

Thank you in advance for any information you can share with me!!

submitted by /u/free2131
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Yqs6cX

No comments:

Post a Comment