Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Halfway there - 27 pounds less 6 months in

progress report

  • Starting weight: 113 kg (249 lbs)
  • Current weight: 100.9 kg (222 lbs, 28% BFP)
  • Current goal: 90 kg (198 lbs, ≤ 22% BFP)

Long-term goal: Maintain 75-80 kg with ≤ 15% BFP

‎

what happened?

I am 6'1, the laziest dude you'll meet in your life. That mentality along with a sedentary office job is a recipe for disaster. in the last couple of years I really let myself go. I was ~ 90 kg (209.4 lbs) even in 2016-18, but after some major personal/professional setbacks I just fell off the cliff. I didnt care about my mental/physical health, nor did I concern myself about what my SO thought of my abhorrent weight gain. My routine revolved around food, gaming, reddit and youtube. I did try to get back on the wagon a few times over the years but even then I knew they were half heart efforts at best.

Thanks to some determination from my part and a lil bit of lady luck, I was able to turn things around and get back some of my sanity sometime December 2019 (If that was the monkeys paw for 2020 I am so very sorry lol). With gyms being a hazard for the foreseeable future at my city, I decided to invest in whatever second hand spinner bikes and weight plates/BBs/DBs I can find. That was in February. And since then I have been making steady progress.

‎

Exercise

I never thought I would be a home gym guy - I never could focus on working out at home, too easily distracted. But something is different now - almost as if I prefer this. Dont get me wrong, I really wish I could actually have the machines, environment and like minded people that gyms provide. But I am loving the fact that I can workout at my own pace, and not share equipment with others.

I am doing a pull-push split 4-5 days/week. I have steadily lost weight but losing fat has been a challenge to say the least. But I am trying to have no zero days at the least (link for the uninitiated). I am seeing noticeable improvements in my upper back, glutes, and hamstrings the most. Hoping to make significant progress in my chest and abs in the coming months.

‎

diet

By far my biggest challenge. I bloody LOVE to eat man. If I could I would eat 2k calories worth of pizza/pasta/burger/steaks - per meal. Anyway, I am aiming for 1600-1700 calories/day, allowing a ~2.5k cheatday if I complete my workout for the week. No strict micro, but aim for 30% carbs, 30% proteins, and 40% fat. I know this is not ideal, but Im afraid Im always a demotivating week away to falling back on old habits. Having said that, I know I will hit plateau soon if I dont make lasting changes to my diet. Losing BFP is a key requirement too as I am still very much in the obese category. I need to close the gap to 25%.

‎

whats next?

In the coming months, I aim to do the following:

  • Progressively overload on my workouts. Especially improve my compound movements like squats, rows, deadlifts etc.
  • Learn to like cardio and abs workouts.
  • Include yoga as a daily requirement.
  • Better mental fortitude for sticking to my diet.
  • Learn to love myself.
  • Learn to forgive myself.

‎

‎

Please share any tips or routines that has help you sustain weight loss and attain a better attitude on life. Thank you for reading my post. I look forward to my next progress report. 💪

submitted by /u/blabbergenerator
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2FMHjOO

No comments:

Post a Comment