Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Unsolicited advice?

So I need to lose 200+ pounds. I have been tracking food intake for a year with limited success, but a few months ago I decided to get serious about weight loss. I talked with a Dietitian as well as a physio therapist and made plans. It's been pretty good! I have lost over 25lbs so far through a combo of food, stationary biking, walking and some weight lifting. More importantly it feels sustainable. I enjoy the food I am cooking and although I hate lifting weights, I like the biking.

Thanks to COVID, I haven't really seen my friends or family much. And when you are really large like me, you can lose a lot of weight before people really start to notice. At 25lbs lost, I am really proud of myself and I kind of want to tell people, which I haven't done much of yet. I have told just a few people that I have been biking and already I am getting a lot of unsolicited advice on what I should be eating, how much protein I need, how I can "improve" my heart rate while biking, comments on how skinny I will be after COVID.

I just don't want any of this!!! I consulted professionals, I have a plan and it is working for me. I am not going to be super skinny after COVID, it is going to be reallllllly long time until I am super skinny and frankly I may never be. I want to be able to talk about my successes on this journey with my friends & family but I don't want all of this "advice" and expectations put on me. Do other people experience this? How do you handle it?

submitted by /u/Halladottir
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3hmYYdU

No comments:

Post a Comment