Monday, August 24, 2020

I'm Tired Of Being Overweight

(This is my first reddit post so apologies I'm advance)

I 15|F|5'4 have been overweight for the majority of my life. I don't want to drag on about my life's sorrows or hardships but I also want to provide a little backstory. For the last two years my family has been on and off again homeless, and you can imagine how it's easier to just buy McDonald's when you don't own an oven. The lack of nutrition in my diet and the lack of food caused me to binge eat whenever there was a surplus. My new found goal to lose weight did not help this at all. I began a period of hardly eating and then binging. 1000-1200 calories a day proceeded an eventual binge, and this cycle went on for 2 1/2 years. I didn't realize until recently my body was experiencing yo-yoing and what I was doing to my body was considered unhealthy. In 2018 I weighed 200 pounds and now I weigh 240.

I gained 40 pounds in a little over a year and a half.

However, I'm done being unhealthy with my body. I want to go out, take pictures, go to the pool, and feel confident. I can't be confident in myself when I know I'm unhealthy.

These last 3 weeks I've begun the long process to a turn around. I've begun walking a mile a day and I am currently at 1.8. I started a Chloe ting workout challenge, and I have slowly begun to reform my eating habits. I eat with chopsticks to slow down my eating, I drink a glass of warm water every meal, I'm slowly trying to get to 1800 calories, and I am trying to cut out extremely processed foods.

I know it will be a long and difficult journey to my goal weight (140).

I wanted to know if y'all can give me any advice/tips concerning my weight loss so that this time I can be healthy the right way this time around.

submitted by /u/Bread_Small
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3hmF9n0

No comments:

Post a Comment