Tuesday, August 4, 2020

I finally feel good about myself, and comfortable with my body!

My stats are in my flair, but for ease of reading here they are: 24M 6'0" / SW:211 / CW:176 / GW:170

Been a lurker for a little while now, but I figured now would be a good time to make my own post. I started my weight loss journey back in February, right before quarantine started in my area, and I never really noticed the difference until I looked at the two photos below side-by-side. I can't believe how round my face used to be, and how not-round it is now!

Me at my own wedding last August 2019, approximately 219 according to Dr's records

Me a few weeks ago attending a friend's wedding, weighing in at 180

Side note and a bit of a NSV, those are my brother's clothes in the second picture, and I was absolutely ECSTATIC to be able to fit into them!! That definitely would not have been possible last year!

Weight loss graph for anyone who's interested

I didn't start tracking my weight until about mid-May, so my starting weight for the graph is 193lb, 3 months after starting to lose weight. I have lost on average about 1.5 pounds per week, which is exactly what I was aiming for, so that's great. Even though I have not quite reached my overall goal, I wanted to share my progress because I honestly just feel super proud. I never thought I'd be able to actually lose weight, especially to this extent, and it's so great to see that it is possible.

I also just had my yearly doctor's appointment (physical) this morning, and he was very happy to see that I had lost so much weight. Last year my cholesterol was high and he said I should try to lose 1 pound per month. Well, I obviously surpassed that by quite a bit, and he expects my cholesterol to be much better this time, which was one of the bigger reasons I decided it was time to lose weight in the first place.

I just want to thank you all for all of the support I've seen on other posts, and for posting your own progress and achievements, as it has been extremely motivating for me. Keep being awesome r/loseit!

If anyone happens to have any questions I'd be happy to answer them!

Sorry for the long post, it got a lot longer than I expected it to be. Thanks for reading!

submitted by /u/XUndeadA55asinX
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2DcErtU

No comments:

Post a Comment