Tuesday, August 4, 2020

I haven't been this light in almost five years!

So I've been trying to lose weight for almost five years. Five years of yo-yo dieting, hating my body, and utter failure. I spent 5 years growing steadily heavier, crash dieting, failing, binging, and generally not going about weight loss the right way.

I used to look in the mirror and see a fat, useless, blob. Now, 17 pounds down, I see a changing body, buried under diminishing fat, but one that can lift and stretch and push and pull.

I've learned that it's not about deprivation. It's about choices and being in control. I make the choice to eat the milk over the soda, the bowl over the burrito, the salad over the fries, the fruit over the toast. That's all me. Not my stomach. Not my taste buds. Me. I control what I eat, and I choose to make the healthy choices.

I'm not yet where I want to be, but I know I'm walking the road that will get me there.

Happy losing, losers :)

submitted by /u/magical_corn
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/39XtCb6

No comments:

Post a Comment