Sunday, August 23, 2020

I seem to never be able to keep my weight down. Do you have any advice?

Hi reddit!

I know this is long but please read. I really need help from people that went through this.

I'm sorry in advance for any mistakes: English is not my native language and this it's my first post. I came here for help since I do not know what to do anymore... I'm 27 yo and I've been overweight my whole life. From a very young age, I've been trying everything under the Sun to lose weight and even managed to do so a few times, trying to change my eating habits and doing more exercise. I've learned that I gain muscle mass FAST and that I'm a compulsive eater and my main triggers are sweets.

Overall, I had three major weight loss phases using these techniques:

  • When I was 16, I've managed to lose 10 kg over 10 months and gained a LOT of muscle mass; I've gained all my weight back after a few months.
  • When I was 21, I've changed completely my lifestyle and lost 35 kg over two years; in 6 months I've gained half of it back, and gained the other half back within the year.
  • When I was 24, I've once again changed my lifestyle and cut off sweets due to compulsive eating of those and went often to the gym. I also was in therapy. I've lost 16 kg in the course of a year and a half and gained all of it back during one year.

As you can see, I do know pretty much everything I need to know regarding how to eat right (I've been to doctors many times as a teenager) and know what kind of exercises work better for my body and lifestyle. I've really felt so much better after changing my habits, not only with my body but also feeling happier and with more energy. However, I always put on weight again no matter what I did to lose it. My addiction to food never completely vanishes and my old habits always crawl back into my life. My weight only is estable when I'm around 125 kg. Again: I'm 27 and I've been weighting 125 kg for pretty much my whole adult life if I'm not on a weight loss journey. If I'm not paying attention to everything about my lifestyle, then I put on weight.

I've started to realise that my weight loss is very slow. I don't mind it but my weight gain is way too quick. My therapist told me that this is not normal especially considering my age. I'm fed up and I don't see the point in trying anymore because I feel I'll always fail. I've been to doctors and my hormones and thyroid are normal so I'm really considering going through surgery.

Has anyone been through something similar and succeeded? If so, can you please give me ideas and help me stay motivated? I'm very sad and scared of what will become of my health if I continue to fail.

submitted by /u/imfrida
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3j4NL2b

No comments:

Post a Comment