Sunday, August 2, 2020

If you are binge eating to fill some sort of void in life then no amount of "changing your lifestyle" with regards eating will help.

You have to fix the thing that is making you binge eat. This took me so long to finally understand!

For me, I use binge eating as a way to fill the void of having no friends or social life. I grew up in the countryside far away from anyone and my house was in a bad way so my parents never allowed friends to come over. We were also poor so I could never do any sport. This all led to me being a lonely kid who used binge eating to fill the gap. My parents were also very strict so eating a mix of appetising carbohydrates and fat became a way to deal with stress. Lockdown made it worse. I could go slighly deeper on why I eat but ill leave it there lol

Today that kid is now a stressed out pessimist with no friends who eats when he's stressed out/tired/bored. I'm sick of the yo yo cycle of weight loss and I'm unsure of how to fill the void. Any tips or can anyone relate? M 79.5kg 181cm/5"11

submitted by /u/TrainedUpCoffee
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/30lhU6L

No comments:

Post a Comment