Saturday, August 15, 2020

Is anyone else going SUPER slowly and totally fine with it?

F44, 5'7.5 SW: 190, CW: 177, GW: 160

I am on a bunch of meds for a hormonal disorder that basically have me in early chemical menopause. I also have a history of ED (long since recovered, thankfully!). I find that my deficit has to be quite small to be tolerable - usually I average about a -250 cal deficit per day, with occasional weeks where I can get the average more like -500. A lot of days I eat 1900-2000 calories and get a chunk of my deficit from walking 5 miles. At least once day per week I find I need to eat at or slightly above maintenance. For some reason, maybe because of my meds/hormonal disorder/age/history of ED, I find if I implement a deficit closer to 500 cals per day, I get symptoms like headaches, insomnia, and anxiety.

On my current plan/approach, the result has been a consistent weight loss of about a pound per month for about a year. At first this slow pace really bothered me, but lately I see that I would rather lose this slowly and be building habits that I can comfortably maintain for the rest of my life than be losing a half pound a week, as I used to when I was younger and my health was different, only to yo yo regain it.

Any other oldies or chronic health condition sufferers who feel the same? Fine with me if it takes a couple years to drop 30 lbs if it means I tolerate the restriction better and hopefully am better able to keep the weight off...

submitted by /u/LyndaCarter_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3h1V2iH

No comments:

Post a Comment