Tuesday, August 4, 2020

My best friend is trying to ruin my pride (and progress)

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, I just really need to get it out and feel like you guys will understand.

I was one of those uncommon cases where I was big purely because of an undiagnosed medical issue. My metabolism virtually shut down, and I gained 100 pounds very rapidly. Once I was diagnosed and put on the right medications, it was easy for me to lose weight because I generally eat healthy and love exercise (I feel very lucky for this). Unfortunately, the medications made me really sick. I was pooping constantly, to the point of crying from pain just about every day. My friend knew this, and took care of me for several months because I couldn't do anything but poop. She was super supportive at the time.

I've now lost 60 pounds with 40 more to go. I am very proud of my progress. In that time, this friend gained a substantial amount of weight. Everytime we talk, which is almost daily, she'll bring up both of our weights. She wants to lose weight, but refuses to eat better or exercise. She's been trying to find the perfect crash diet, because her other friend who is very fit told her that's how she has to do it. When I try to help with ideas to do it the healthy way, she lashes out and says that I didn't do anything to deserve my weight loss, I just "pooped it out". Or that "the medications did the work". Or that she knows my eating habits and I don't eat that healthy, and she knows what healthy eating is.

She thinks I don't eat healthy because: She tries to ruin my progress. I still have a few impulse control issues from when I was big and it didn't matter. When I'm on my own, I can handle it. Whenever I'm with her, however, she'll give me all the foods I don't allow myself to have. If I try to refuse, she will either a) get upset that I'm implying she doesn't eat healthy foods (she doesn't), or b) put it in my hand and walk away. And like I said, I still have issues. And from previous experiences with her, it's obvious she's doing it on purpose.

We're now currently around the same weight, and we're the same height. Thanks to body proportions, we look very different, and she's very angry about it. She constantly calls herself a "fat whale", but says I'm "lucky" my body is shaped this way, that she's still smaller than me (she's not), and that exercise has nothing to do with it (it does). I know this is all jealousy. She's jealous of a few aspects of my life (which is not that fantastic tbh), and will try to bring me down about it. But it's really bringing me down. If I say anything, she takes it as a personal attack or "shaming". I'm just fed up.

Sorry for the rant.

submitted by /u/AryosAndMulk
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/31l3OkZ

No comments:

Post a Comment