Thursday, August 13, 2020

NSV: I took a "full" shower without being breathless/needing to sit down right after

I'm honestly still blown away that it's a thing, because I'm about 3 weeks into my weight loss journey and didn't expect to see tangible changes so soon!

Up until recently I've been very breathless after taking a shower, even just a super quick body shower. I wash my hair 2/3 times a week and DREAD it because at the end of the shower I'm exhausted and sometimes need to sit down as soon as I get out because my lower back started to ache from standing too long.

Cut to today. I was already so happy at reaching my first mini goal (I'm using the Happy Scale app and it has a really cool function that breaks down your goals into ten mini goals of equal length) and getting in a 15 minute walk and a 15 minute HIIT workout without quitting. I hopped in the shower and was almost done rinsing the conditioner out of my hair before I realised I was dancing along to the music I was listening to and didn't feel the least bit uncomfortable. I even shaved my legs and underarms and then left the shower and went straight over to the sink to brush my teeth and wash my face without needing to sit down!

I know it probably sounds dumb and a really small thing but I'm so proud. It just feels like a really tangible health benefit and tbh I'm just glad that I managed to drag myself out of the hole I was in and get started on this journey, because there's more where that came from!

submitted by /u/kezebelle
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PPHf2z

No comments:

Post a Comment