Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Please help me

My mother is really overweight. 5 foot 3 inches tall, 133kg. She has trouble breathing and walking, sleep apnea, feet swelling etc etc. I've noticed in the past few years her mood is very bad. She is always very angry and takes her anger out on me. I am her 19 year old son. I have tried to help her with diet and eating habits but Im lost right now. She has so many health issues right now and it's a bit hard seeing her go through this. Everyday is the same cycle. " il start my diet on Monday". Will do a "diet" for maybe 3days Max and then goes back to her old ways. My father ( parents are divorced) has told me she has been trying to lose weight ever since 24,and is now 50. I'm not overweight so I really don't understand how to help my mother from her perspective ( if that makes sense ). She can't get any surgery for weight loss, she is too heavy and doctors refuse to operate unless she loses weight first. They put her on meal replacement shakes in order to lose some weight for gastric bypass or sleeve I think it was. She couldn't stick to them and ended up even heavier than before. I work 2 jobs. Post office night shift 10pm - 7am then convenient store from 8:30am till 2pm. My mother is too unfit to work. As a result of corona virus, she is being paid twice her normal benefit. I don't know what benefit she is on, but she gets around 1k a fortnight. She usually orders the food or has me / my sister pick it up. Either that or she will go for a drive and get it herself. There have been times where I have refused to get her food and she will go crazy. She will turn nasty and throw insults at me. Everything. I do my own grocery shopping as I try to make it into the gym 4-5days a week if I'm not too tired after working . I make healthy meals but she refuses to try it. I'm at the point now where I don't know what to do. My mother is starting to have a very negative effect on my life. I don't have much time for anything besides work, gym and weekends to catch up with friends. Also it pisses me off having to pay my mothers rent as she blows most of her money on fast food. I love my mother to death, but I just CAN'T get her to stop. She even said herself that if she doesn't stop eating this way she will die soon. Confirmed by her doctors too. She is on the edge of getting diabetes "doctor said it's amazing she hasn't gotten diabetes yet". When she got rejected for the gastric bypass, I think she gave up inside. Please anyone I don't know what to do anymore. Any advice, any tips or help on what I can do to help my mother will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read this and sorry if it's a bit all over the place.

submitted by /u/thisnthat_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/316vj2T

No comments:

Post a Comment